Friday, February 27, 2015

Out of Place? A Challenge

My daughter, Amy, challenged me this morning. She put this photo on my blog and said, "That's inspiring." I think she was teasing me. ~smile~  So, I'm taking up the challenge! Ha! There Amy!

Amy blogs at Living in Faith and Fun. I asked her about the photo. She said that she took it in our yard. It immediately reminded me of Amy's Verse of the Week. Do take a look at what she has to say.

The KJV reads, "Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world...."

Murmurings, disputings, grumbling, complaining, arguing, all words that are used in these verses in various versions.  All yucky. All pervasive.  All very hard to stop once they're started.

I'm guilty. I bet you are, too.  I think the antidote is found in Philippians 4:8.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

TRUE
HONEST
JUST
PURE
LOVELY
OF GOOD REPORT
VIRTUE
PRAISE

THINK ON THESE THINGS


~~~~~

This post was featured!

Darling Downs Diaries

15 comments:

  1. This week this is all I have heard from my mother and her siblings. I have tried very hard to be a silent bystander but the Lord won't let me be quiet. I have to tell them how awfut they are acting. Not at all like the Christians my grandmother raised them to be. You are right, once it gets started it is very difficult to stop. I hope that I am a light in this dark world. When this is over they will remember the good that I speak and the love that I share. Thank you so much for this verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been quite a week for you, may God strengthen you and give you peace.

    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post.. I too am guilty of grumbling..How wonderful that God's amazing love , forgives us and gives us scriptures to lead us. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how true this is. I am so guilty...thank you Laura. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome. I am, too, Linda. We've a lovely snow falling. My menfolk are grumbling, but I'm enjoying the beauty.

    Have a terrific weekend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. So right Judy. Amazing grace and mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Laura for reminding us to focus on only good things. It is so easy to focus on bad things and then to let those bad things come out of our mouths. Thank you for sharing this great post with us at Good Morning Mondays. It is always a blessings when you stop by. Thank you again and may you be blessed abundantly this week. You are like a shining light on top of a hill pointing us to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Terri. I've got to keep reminding myself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Philippians 4:8...what a precous verse to think upon. Your post is just what I needed, dear Laura.

    Blessings and hugs to you! Thanks for sharing at ROI!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How funny that she found that star in your landscaping and wonderful that you took the challenge! I think you did a great job, you were able to encourage at the same time. Thank you for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny thing is, Jes, I have no idea where she took the photo. It was a little star lost long ago.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great reminder Laura. We certainly need to strive for these things! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for talking back Jann!

    Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor