Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Four Blood Moons

This morning, just after 5:00 a.m., we watched the second of the four blood moons.  It was beautiful and different than the one that we observed this past February.  As I write now, the sun is about to rise, and the moon has fallen below the treeline.  I can just see the top sliver out the kitchen window. It was so beautiful, so coppery red, then so very dark, then coppery again around the edges and finally the sun's brilliant light began to illuminate the edges brightly.  I have no doubt some of my west coast readers will see it all illuminate before their sunrise.  My little camera just didn't take good photos.  We made a memory as we bundled up and sat outside watching in the dark.  I prayed and worshiped our Creator God.

Are you curious about the four blood moons and Bible prophecy?  The interesting part about these blood moons is that they are on Jewish feast days.
Passover April 15, 2014,
Sukkot Oct 8, 2014,
(a solar eclypse) Nisan March 20, 2015
Passover 2015 and
Sukkot Septemeber 28, 2015.
I've read two books about it this year.  The viewpoints are a bit different.  They are Blood Moons Rising by Mark Hitchcock and Four Blood Moons by John Hagee.  I invite you to take a look.


Mark Hitchcock's website.

All I can tell you for sure is that it's time to get serious about our relationship with Jesus, repent of our sins, turn from our wicked ways and pray for our nation and for Israel and for our unsaved loved ones.

Blessings to you,
Laura


16 comments:

  1. Laura that is very interesting!
    We were enjoying the eclipse here at 9:00pm in Australia.
    Reminds me of the greatness and awesomeness of our God… and that, Yes, He is assuredly coming again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have heard a little bit about them. But as you mentioned. It is time to be looking up and to be ready all the time. These are amazing days!
    I think it was really wonderful that you got up that early to at least see it!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this but it is interesting. I will have to look into learning more! thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roxy, It was a lot better than shivering in the middle of the night last winter for the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is great and awesome for sure, Adelaide. I am blessed to meet you sister in Christ!


    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura!! I am finding this really interesting. I watched it a little but will have to try and come back. Thanks so much for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Judith. I hope you find time to watch it. Pray like crazy for God's people, for America, and most of all for Israel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had planned on watching the blood moon and forgot. Really amazing from what I've heard! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our children all got up at just the last moment to see this last one before it was over, but I missed it being sick and they didn't want to wake me. The photos I've seen are pretty amazing, and the prophesies also! I say 'Come quickly, Lord Jesus!' We must be ready whether it is today He returns or in 150 years! He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and His Word is true! Love to you and thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our children all got up at just the last moment to see this last one before it was over, but I missed it being sick and they didn't want to wake me. The photos I've seen are pretty amazing, and the prophesies also! I say 'Come quickly, Lord Jesus!' We must be ready whether it is today He returns or in 150 years! He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and His Word is true! Love to you and thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right, Jacqueline. Perhaps God is like me and thinking there are more He wants to see saved. I want my son to go with us!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I had not got confused with the days of the week and had seen it too! You post has helped me to visualize it though :)

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fascinating - I'll have to read up on this! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy,
    It is very interesting. We live in a fascinating time in history.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jann,
    It's been a big deal at our church, so we got the reminder in time. Maybe you can see the next one.


    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor