Welcome

Harvest Lane Cottage is a place to find encouragement, and hopefully, be inspired to do, read, write, or cook something wonderful. Most importantly, I want to share my love for Jesus Christ with you. He is the center of my life, the center of who I am. No, I'm not perfect. I fail, I fall, I'm tempted, but I keep going back to the One who makes me clean again.

Relax, enjoy yourself, be refreshed. Then, please leave me a comment. I love it when my readers "talk back". I won't tell your momma, I promise!

Laura Lane

Happy in my Jesus and in my home.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, June 29, 2014

I'm Calling a Hundred!

Free Wallpaper from GooseberryPatch.com

If things begin to look messy around here, the family hears me call out, "I'm calling a hundred!"  Then everyone must hurry and scurry and put away items calling out, "One!  Two! Three!"  We count to a hundred together and it makes a big difference.   It reminds me of Mrs. White's "very quick bursts of cleaning."

Hope you enjoy your day,
Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Amaze Me Monday Inspire Me Monday   - Mix it Up Monday - Mom's the Word Sweet Sharing Monday - Motivation Mondays - Modest Mondays -  The Art of Homemaking -  The Scoop -   A Mama's Story-     Monday Musings 
A Return to Loveliness Show & Share - Take a Look Tuesday  - You're Gonna Love it Tuesday -Titus Tuesdays -  Tuesdays with a Twist Tuesdays at Our Home -  Backyard Farming  Connection - Totally Talented Tuesdays
Wow Us Wednesday - Wonderful Wednesdays - - Fluster's Creative Muster Making a Home 
Wholehearted Wednesdays - A Wise Woman Builds Her Home -Welcome Home Wednesdays
Think Tank Thursdays  -   Hope in Every Season -  Home and Garden Thursday I Choose Joy -  Imparting Grace - Hearts for Home Thursdays - All Things Thursday -   Homeacre Hop Brambleberry Cottage - Share Your up Thursday Serving Joyfully  -Fridays Unfolded - Sweet & Simple Fridays I'm Lovin' It Party - Essential Fridays - Faith Filled Fridays - Show and Tell Friday

7 comments:

JES said...

Great homemaking tip! Thanks for sharing... Are we allowed to call 200 to get more done I wonder? :)

Amy said...

This is such a great idea and it would help the boys with a little math in the process!

I hope you are having a wonderful week, Laura!

It has been rather busy here, I hit the floor running this morning...

Hugs,
Amy

Laura Lane said...

It's been really strange here. We have one car and it's been broken down since Saturday morning. We're hoping it will be fixed by tomorrow night. We were able to borrow the church van. One of the benefits of working for the church for almost 3 years even though Lowell is now running his own restaurant. I hope it will be fixed tomorrow so that we can finish getting all the supplies for the 4H projects for the fair next week!

gentlejoy said...

Good idea - it reminds me of when I was single and living in an apt w/ a friend - we had no vacuum cleaner so one of us would say, "Let's do fifty(or sometimes a hundred") and she and I would each pick up that number of items off of the floor. It really made the floor look better as we were picking up pieces of lint, thread or whatever tiny particle was there. :)

Naomi said...

Laura....what a great tip! I think it can be applied even in correcting behavior issues. Like anger? Count to 100 to calm down? Thank you for sharing at Monday's Musings. Good stuff!

Laura Lane said...

Naomi,
Counting to 100 might help. Ten has never been enough for me. ~grin~


Jann Olson said...

Great way to make work fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Most Popular Posts