Welcome

Harvest Lane Cottage is a place to find encouragement, and hopefully, be inspired to do, read, write, or cook something wonderful. Most importantly, I want to share my love for Jesus Christ with you. He is the center of my life, the center of who I am. No, I'm not perfect. I fail, I fall, I'm tempted, but I keep going back to the One who makes me clean again.

Relax, enjoy yourself, be refreshed. Then, please leave me a comment. I love it when my readers "talk back". I won't tell your momma, I promise!

Laura Lane

Happy in my Jesus and in my home.


Friday, January 17, 2014

Feeling Thrifty and Frugal: School Expenses

I recently read that it's just as expensive to send a child to some preschools as to college.  I don't know about that, but it made me curious.  I just looked up how much it would cost to put my three children in Christian school.  $15,000/year plus clothing and fees and transportation.  That's a minimum of $18,000.  If I had to work to cover it, I'd probably have to make at least $22,500 before taxes!  That doesn't even include the lifestyle changes that would result.  Suddenly, my work as a homeschool mom seems to add a bit more to the family income!


Laura
Happy at Home


Shared:
Mom's the Word - Inspire Me Monday - Wow Us Wednesday - Wonderful Wednesdays - - Fluster's Creative Muster Making a Home - Wholehearted Wednesdays - A Wise Woman Builds Her Home - Raising Homemakers -Welcome Home Wednesdays - Hope in Every Season - Joyous Notions Homemaking Blog Hop









18 comments:

Cally said...

We are quite lucky here across the pond. Most of our Christians Schools are excellent and free.
Uniform does cost but other Mums are more than happy to help out.
Hugs x

JES said...

Good point!!!

Marissa Ann said...

When my children were in public school years ago, I remember that they were constantly bringing home letters needing money for this-and-that, not even counting the cost to drive them to and from school, clothing and other supplies. Homeschool has been a blessing financially for us.

Christianlady68 said...

Amen!

Dorothy Griffiths said...

Lovely Laura I always admire parents who home teach as it is such a tremendous thing to do for your children and your community. You are an inspiration Laura, have a fabulous week ahead. Big hugs to you and your lovely family
Dorothy
:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Laura Lane said...

Thank you, Dorothy. You are too kind.

Hug!

Laura

Maria dolores Lopez godoy said...

Hello, I love your blog is adorable, you have very style. I´m your new follower. Kisses from Spain.
See you: http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

Laura Lane said...

Thanks Maria. Happy Week!

Laura Lane said...

I'm glad you agree, Gae. I'll be over to visit your blog in a bit.

Blessings,

Laura

Laura Lane said...

You are so right, Marissa Ann. My eldest son went to high school for a couple of years. It was always something. So much for free public schools! The cost was more than financial, too.

Blessings, Laura

Laura Lane said...

Hi Jes,

I know you're all about being frugal and being a good homemaker and mom. I appreciate your comment and your blog. I'll be over for a visit soon.

Blessings,

Laura

Laura Lane said...

That is wonderful, Cally.

What would we do if we didn't help each other out?

Blessings to you!

Laura

living from glory to glory said...

I believe as I think you do also, is we are to train our children and to be HOME to keep it! :)
I also believe You are investing in a greater treasure!
Hugs, Roxy

Laura Lane said...

You're right, Roxy. We agree.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I Co hosted last week's Fluster's Creative Muster Party! Thanks for linking up!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Laura Lane said...

You're welcome Debbie!

Gabriella said...

I found your website from the link-up on raisinghomemakers.com. I really like your post - it's a good reminder to me!

I would like to invite you to HomemakingHearts.com on Fridays for a brand new link-up; it would be a delight to have you join us!

Gabriella

Laura Lane said...

I'll try to check in on you on Friday, Gabriella. What types of posts will you be including in your link-up?

Blessings,
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Most Popular Posts