Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Scary Christmas Memory ~ 2nd Grade


Once upon a time, I was a small child.  I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but true.  One Christmas, I wanted a Winnie the Pooh bear.  My little Dachshund, Greta, had chewed the face on my old Winnie the Pooh bear.  On Christmas Eve, Mommy told me that Santa Claus would peek in my room to be sure I was sleeping.  If I were asleep, I'd get my bear.  I lay in bed awake until past midnight.  I was frightened that Santa would catch me awake!  I remember listening to the clock down the hall strike midnight.  I knew I had to be asleep because, "He knows when you are sleeping.  He knows when you're awake.  He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!" Well, eventually I fell asleep, Santa peeked on me, and I got my bear the next morning!

I was in 2nd grade.

Blessings!
Laura Lane

~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~

Peaches and Salt

4 comments:

  1. A cute story! I know all about those doxie's eating the faces off of bears :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debby,

    I'm wishing for a Doxie, but we haven't been able to find one. I live in SW Missouri. Any ideas?

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Clotee,

    I'm so glad you said hello!

    May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and keep you. I pray His blessings upon you as you open your business. It's not easy, I know. I've dabbled a bit with etsy, but I've never really devoted myself to it. Too busy with children and blogging and reading and my husband and my church and and and.... ~smile~

    Have a terrific holiday season- Advent, Christmas, New Years, and Epiphany!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor