Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Two Meals From a Large Package of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Last week I put a large package of boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot, seasoned them with lots of salt and pepper, and let them cook on low all day. 

The meat was fork tender; so, I shredded it and let it set in the broth for a few minutes.  I used half of the chicken to make bbq sandwiches with Bull's Eye original bbq sauce.

I used the broth and the other half for hot chicken sandwiches.I made a gravy with the broth then added shredded chicken to the gravy.  I then piled up the meal: a slice of bread followed by mashed potatoes and then smothered in chicken and gravy.  Ooh yum!

Think creatively ladies!
Laura
Happy at Home



January Linky

2 comments:

  1. Cold chicken sandwiches are good too, soup, white chili......you get the point! Merry Christmas friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! Now I'm inspired to get lunch made! Thanks for linking up at Liturgical Time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor