Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankfulness..... Fruits

This morning, I am thankful for fruit.  I received a gift of a case of bananas this weekend.  I'm going to peel them and put them in freezer bags whole.  That way, when I make banana cake like I did this weekend, I'll have them ready to go.  I'm thankful for the bananas; but, I'm also thankful for the fruits of the Spirit which continue to grow in me:  love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control*.

I've berrated myself over the years.  You see, although I have all these fruits in my life, none of them is fully ripe.  None is perfect, none is complete.  Each of these fruits is growing in me at a different rate.  The key word here is growing.  My fruit isn't ripe.  You know, sometimes underripe fruit isn't very sweet.  Sometimes I'm not very sweet.  Just this morning God revealed to me that this is a process for us just as it is a process for the fruit to first blossom then grow tiny fruits and grow and grow until they are ready to be picked and enjoyed. 

My prayer would be that God would continue to grow and ripen me in these areas.  Would you join me in this prayer?

Father, God, I thank you that by Jesus' Stripes I am healed.
I thank you that He sent the Holy Spirit to teach us and comfort us.
I ask Father that you continue to grow me up and ripen me up in the areas of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  I ask the same for my readers.
I ask this in Jesus' Name.  Amen.

*Galations 5:22-23 Some versions say long-suffering instead of patience.  To me, it's basically the same.

~~~~~
May I suggest?

Sharing with:
Taylor House

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful post, Laura! I have so many Godly aspirations...so many God-honoring things that I want to do and be...yet every day I fall so terribly short! Thanks for the reminder that it takes time. If I may, I'd like to join you in that prayer that you prayed for myself as I ripen right along with you! Enjoy all those bananas! What a blessing! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor