Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Godliness with Contentment is Great Gain....

A few scriptures from the Holy Bible for those of us who are seeking contentment:

“All the days of the afflicted are evil; but he (she) that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.” Proverbs 15:15

“…for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” Philippians 4:11

“…and be content with such things as ye have.” Hebrews 13:5

Just Something to Think About….
Laura of Harvest Lane
Thankful to be at home
~~~~~
May I suggest?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Laura! Very good scriptures to be reminded of!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    Thanks for your input...I did ask and as I read your words, the cupboard was out on the backporch drying with a coat of red paint! :) It was just bugging me...I think it was that color against my cabinets that bothered me! Anyway, I did leave the backdrop part of the shelves that color, but the rest of it was painted red (If that makes sense)...We're going to see how we like that...if not...we'll paint the whole thing red! I always want an honest opinion! Thanks so much!

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this on contentment on the Crown Financial website. It is VERY good.
    http://www.crown.org/LIBRARY/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=256

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor